Another quick recipe. Perfect for dinner.This melt in your mouth bechamel sauce is sure to stir those taste buds. So creamy, you wouldn’t miss the cheese that’s not added into it. Although, you may add some cheese if you prefer.
The sauce to pasta ratio is perfect in this recipe. This can be served cold as well if cold pasta is what you prefer. This recipe serves 2.
Here you go-
- 1 cup Pasta of choice
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2-1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup full fat cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove
- 1 tablespoon italian mixed herbs
- 1/2 tablespoon red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed black pepper
- Salt as per taste
- In a big cooking pot, add enough water and the salt and and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and oil and cook till al dente. drain and keep aside.
- In a non-stick fry pan, on a medium heat, add the oil followed by the crushed garlic. Saute it for a few seconds and add in the rest of the veggies. Stir fry the veggies only until they are crisp and still have a bite to them. Turn of the heat. Remove the veggies in a separate plate and keep aside.
- In the same pan, on a low heat, add the butter and let it melt for a second or two. Add in the all purpose flour and let it cook for 20-30 seconds. Do not overcook this. Add the milk slowly and stir all the while. Make sure no lumps form in the process. Add in the clove, bay leaf and bring to a boil on a medium heat. Turn off the heat and add in the cream, herbs, red chilli flakes, crushed black pepper and salt to taste. Mix thoroughly.
- Add in the pasta, and the veggies. Mix and serve!
- This may not be the authentic way of preparing bechamel sauce, but it sure tastes awesome
- Also, you use any combination of veggies you prefer or have on hand.