This is seriously the only red sauce/ arrabbiata sauce recipe you will ever need! Trust me on this one, especially if you love hot sauces.
What I love about this recipe of arrabbiata sauce is that it consists of only 3 main ingredients- Tomatoes, onions and garlic, with a little help from seasonings. It is quick to put together for those lazy days.
Classic Italian arrabbiata sauce with lots of chilli and garlic- tastes absolutely delicious.
So here we go-
- 2 cups of Pasta of your choice
- Enough water to boil
- 1 tablespoon Oil of choice ( I have used Olive oil)
- 5- 6 Large Red Tomatoes (roughly pureed in a blender)
- 6-7 Cloves of Garlic ( chopped or crushed)
- 1-2 Whole red chilli peppers
- 1 medium onion ( chopped or preferably roughly pureed)
- 1- 2 tablespoons of oil of choice ( I have used Olive oil)
- Italian seasoning mix ( oregano, thyme, basil, rosemary etc)
- Red Chilli flakes
- 3-4 tablespoons of water
- In a big enough cooking pot, add enough water and salt and bring to a boil. Next, add in the pasta and a tablespoon of olive oil and cook until al dente. Strain and keep aside
- In a non-stick sauce pan, pour in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and crushed garlic and whole chilli flakes. Turn on heat and let the garlic cook for a minute.
- Add in the roughly pureed onion and sauté for a minute till the mixture turns a light golden colour
- Add in the pureed tomatoes and the water and bring to a boil.
- After the sauce is cooked completely add in the herbs, salt and more chilli flakes if required.
- Add in the pasta and mix
- Serve hot and ENJOY!
- I like to puree both the onion and tomatoes quite roughly. This gives a nice texture to the sauce.