I for one, like a veggie loaded pasta. Specially when the vegetables are cooked perfectly (meaning crunchy). This one specially is quite delicious and manages to satisfy my pasta cravings to the T. Plus it is easy to put together
For all you veggie haters out there, I have a quick and simple pasta recipe which is guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds as well. Head over to one of my previous posts here
See, i got you all covered! 🙂
So lets begin
- 1 & 1/2 cups pasta of your choice, I have used Penne rigate
- 1-2 tablespoons of ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 cup onions
- 1/4 cup apsicum
- 1/4 cup carrot
- 1/4 cup broccoli
- 1/4 cup sweet corn
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 2 tablespoon oil
- mixed italian herbs ( oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary etc)
- salt & pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add the pasta along with a teaspoon of salt and about half a tablespoon of oil.
- Let the pasta cook on a medium heat until al dente. Drain and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, take a deep pan and add 2 tablespoons of oil and heat on a low medium flame.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste and saute for about 15 secs, do not let it burn.
- Next add all the vegetables save the sweet corn. Saute on a medium flame for about 2 minutes. Add the sweet corn, and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and a little water, about 2 tablespoons. Cook until the tomato puree is cooked properly. I prefer my vegetables to be cooked until they are still crunchy and have a bite to them.
- Add salt and pepper to taste along with the mixed herbs . Let cook for a minute more and add the pasta and mix.
- Turn the heat off and put the lid on. Let it rest for a couple of minutes so as to let the pasta soak the sauce a bit.
- Any vegetables of choice can be used. I have used what was on hand.
- I get a mixed dried italian herbs seasoning which contains rosemary, thyme, oregano, chilli, basil etc. You can add fresh basil if you have on hand. The seasoning is upto you. Add more or less of what you personally prefer.
- Be careful not to overcook the vegetables, they will become soggy and lose their taste and texture.
- If you are not a multi tasker or are boiling the pasta beforehand, cook and drain the pasta and soak the cooked pasta in ice cold water. Drain and toss with some oil. This way, the pasta will stay not stick and stay separated