If you travel in the Mumbai local or have ever travelled, I salute you. Mornings are OK. Evenings umm…let’s just say can be a bit terrifying. You’ll be pushed and squished, and by the time the ordeal ends, you’ll be left with zero energy & your lovely hair will be “literally” flying everywhere; wondering why you even bother making a tight bun on top of your head everyday for the local. Well, the aunty standing behind you says you should. And you do. <Sigh> But we do love the local.
Coming back to the post…Since you guys seemed to love my previous recipe of the Healthy dark chocolate energy bitesso much, I set to work… And this time, it gets more flavourful
If you’re a big fan of snickers, you’re gonna love this…
So let’s begin…
- A food processor
- ½ cup pitted dates
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup muesli ( or ready to eat cereal of choice)
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut (shredded)
- Chocolate ( I use Amul Dark chocolate)
- Begin by arranging butter paper on a tray or a square/rectangle baking dish or container
- Process the dates in the food processor until they are all in a mashed consistency
- Next add in the peanut butter, muesli and the grated coconut. Process
- It should form a sticky dough like consistency
- Spread in an even layer in the prepared tray using the back of a spoon.
- Cut in the desired shape
- Refrigerate for about 15-20 mins
- Melt the chocolate
- Dip the energy bites in the chocolate. Let it cool and set.
- You will want to eat them all at once, but please don’t…They are called energy bites for a reason…..I literally use them to survive the Mumbai Local!